There is something wonderful about working from home, and the wonderfulness only increases when you want to curl up in a ball and meditate on the depressing with no one else around. In moments like this, I always want to do something crazy and spontaneous. Really when it comes down to it, I really just want to say out loud all the things that I hold back.
So I have conversations out loud with, not surprising to anyone you knows me, imaginary people. And pretty much in this, I convince myself to leave well enough alone. But instead this time, it’s just a matter of a whole host of questions and thoughts in my mind and oh heavens are they random, with some applying to me and others being totally, totally random:
- Who decided that winter is wonderful cause it’s one of the four seasons? It’s cold. It’s not fun. It makes my nose cold.
- Is hulu going to really start charging?
- Could I handle relocation to a new city and state?
- French fries are a perfect food, when not cold and soggy.
- New Harry Potter trailer was leaked and I can’t wait till Nov 2010.
- In movies people make it look so easy to admit loving someone, what is that all about?
- I want to do work, the kind that doesn’t make me feel like I’m repaying student loans for nothing.
- There was a couple holding hands in front of me, for the first time in my life I was jealous.
- Why can’t life be simple and easy?
- There are several movies coming out that I want to see, I know this cause I watched trailers on Apple all day long
- Who decided that there are friend categories and dateable people categories?
- I make a damn good cupcake.
- Dear Mom, I don’t want to “try to flirt” or appease a guy’s ego to get attention. That isn’t me. End of story.
- DVR is an invention of the gods.
- NYU 2011, let the application process begin.
- The Little Mermaid soundtrack just started playing from my iTunes list, from LM to Pocahontas…Greatness.
- In addition to the word debauchery, I love the word clandestine.
- The real question, “Is something coming just around the river bend”
- Mentality of a 8 year old girl, check.
- It’s a wonder I can function with this much randomness in my head, oh wait, I can’t function.
It’s a great life I lead, even with all the ups and downs and major moments of bafflement…as I sit here singing along to ‘Colors of the Wind’ as my roommate walks into the house.