That above may in fact the (pick a large number) title I came up with today, and isn’t it sad that I ended on a bad one. But like yesterday, my brain is still shot. But here is a simple snapshot of where my mind has gone in the last 24 hours:
1. So I drove home today for Thanksgiving and while I’m thrilled to be home for a variety of reasons, above all the fact that I don’t need to be at work tomorrow, there is a little part of me that wishes I was asleep in my own bed, in my own apartment with my fridge that has no food in it. Astoundingly I’ve gone from a very girly stocked fridge, to a fridge with beer and a brita filter. I am in no way lapsing back into unhealthy food patterns, but grocery shopping just seemed so exhausting.
2. By the way, random interjection: I can’t go to Mexico. No vacations to Mexico, nothing and really more Baja California. When I was little, about seven or eight, the fam had driven down to Baja with our RV and were “camping” near the beach and I had got a new wooden rocking chair, pink with flowers. This is where the story goes bad. In the middle of the night I wake up screaming with the most traumatizing dream ever. Pretty much it included strange men, my mom saving my brother and I, me wanting the rocking chair and her getting kidnapped. Needless to say, I was never forced to go to Baja after that.
3. I downloaded the Marie Digby album and the Carrie Underwood album before I began my two hour drive (which was closer to three and some change). And I a. admit to the fact I listen to weepy girl music, and b. love it.
4. Have you ever been in the situation where you are driving down the road at four in the afternoon and you realize that the headache you have is a direct result of that fact that you forgot to eat? It reminded me of junior year of college when I told my chaplain that I had a habit of “forgetting” to eat; he may have stopped me daily for months to ask when I had last eaten. I was that classy RA, but in times of stress I tend to be a bit unhealthy. It may be my December focus: three meals a day and trips to the gym, I may have to think of that one.
5. Tomorrow I am attempting a new crust recipe for a tart I’m making. We’ll see how that goes.