Yesterday got me thinking, based on the books of shame that haven’t been read. And I figured in stead of a bright and shiny post today. I thought I would pose a question (based on two people (Dawn & my PT, Lauren) asking me this):
What are the 5 books that you are most ashamed to admit you’ve read?
- Twilight/New Moon/Eclipse/Breaking Dawn. Though each should be it’s own unique number of shame.
- Nora Roberts. Shame fills me typing that, but dear wonderful world, sometimes I need mindless fluff.
- Every Princess Diaries Book. (finished in college, oops).
- Gilbert Morris. For anyone that grew up reading Christian Fiction, you will understand what I mean by that. Morris is by far the most formulaic writer on the planet. Every book has the same formula, and I read 25 of them. Shame.
- Eat, Pray, Love. I got caught up in the hype and read it. I felt like I lost 4 hours of my life that I will never get back. (Did I mention I’m a speed-reader). It was self-serving and well, if you want to know how I really feel, kind of selfish. If you want a feel good memoir, may I recommend The Sharper the Knife the Less You Cry.
So what I really want to know is, what books have really maybe you cringe (and maybe hide two deep on your bookshelf)?