This week I made the horrible discovery that all of The Americans is available on Amazon Prime streaming. This was how I avoided getting sucked in, now I’m just telling myself that I can’t watch before bed because then I won’t sleep. That being said, Orphan Black just started back on BBC America, so good bye sleep…hello creepy dreams of clones and my never-ending mourning of Paul. RIP Paul. As for the rest of this work week:
- My love for the foodie world is known. My favorite D.C. chef just became the new Executive Chef of Toki Underground! Now I can say I knew him when…”
- I may follow a lot of corgis on insta. I love corgis. They are short. They are weirdly proportioned. They aren’t a purse dog. They will cuddle. They are perfect. Also perfect, Piper the Airport dog. He isn’t a corgi, I don’t hold it against him.
- Friends know if they want me to like anything sports related they need to make it real. And by real, I mean don’t tell me about stats about baseball, tell me why I should want to love and marry that man on the field. Or, tell me about their kids…and in the case of Adam LaRoche, I was sold because a child…who he apparently chose over baseball.
- Obsessing over a couch is totally normal, right? Great…I want this green sectional, did I mention it’s cotton velvet.
- Most people have seen this, but I finally caught up on some missed Carpool Karaoke with James Cordon, and J.Lo was a rockstar.
- Changing directions, would like to spend a few minutes shaking your head at society…well then I give you ‘I Don’t Know Whether to Kiss You or Spank You’: A Half Century of Fear of an Unspanked Woman from the great team over at Jezebel.
- This girl decided to travel to see the Seven Wonders of the World…in 13 days. I need to step up my travel game.
- I was about to place an order online for Naked Infusions salsa (they got their start at an LA Farmers Market!), only to discover I can now get it on Amazon! #victory #prime
All Things Hamilton (or all of Broadway).
Hamilton might be staying on the front of the $10 bill. People who want women on the money are kinda unhappy (though everyone would prefer Jackson gone), but 15-year-old Whitney, who used a $10 bill to convince her AP U.S. History class that A.Ham was the most fly man in U.S. History, well she’s happy. Also, to continue that last thought, about how I thought A.Ham was super-fly so did this woman who wrote a whole article on the Erotic Charisma of Alexander Hamilton in the Journal of American Studies. Clearly, I was ahead of my time.