So I feel like all of the cool kids are writing memoirs these days. Like, if you can breathe and type (though that last one is negotiable), you too can tell your story! I mean I’m not totally believing that said memoir is something that people actually want to read, but you know props to all the young writers for believing in themselves and sometimes, I think it’s super awesome (just maybe not Eat, Pray, Love). So, I just figured since all the cool kids do it, I should to. And so, consider this my formal notification of my future work: “Sarcasm & the Spirit: A Journey [gotta include the buzzwords] of Singleness, Cocktails, and That One Time I Snuggled a Penguin.”
- Oh lord, the P&G Olympic-focused Thank You, Mom commercials are back. I’ve watched one. I cried. This is going to be a long 120+ days, so I should probably buy some tissues. Which I think is P&G’s overall plan.
- Peggy Noonan gets me, which is to says Pegs and I would like this election cycle to be done.
- Hope Heals. Because sometimes we need a reminder that it’s all out of our control.
- On a serious note, sometimes I wonder if the world would be a better place if we cared a little bit less about what could happen to us, and a little bit more about what we do to other people. I mean, maybe people wouldn’t post offensive sexual harassment filled messages on the internet (let’s call this NSFTSP – Not safe for thin-skinned people/or most people).
- The beautiful world of the New York City Ballet. So very beautiful. (Also, can I take photographs like this?)
- Researching GF bakeries for my upcoming 36 hours in NYC.
- Contemplating adding to my collection of sandals. Do I want these, these, these, these, or these. Or all of them. Yeah, that’s totally the right answer.
All Things Hamilton (or all of Broadway).
Meet the young, beautiful people of Hamilton. Yes, they too have more talent than the rest of us. Also, when they aren’t busy being talented on their own stage, they create things like the cast of Hamilton does Sweeney Todd (it’s as creepy as you would expect it to be).